Saturday, July 5, 2014

"The nature of oppression, the most subtle effect of oppression, is what it does to your mind, what it does to the way you think about yourself." James Baldwin 

As anyone that has been following me can see, it has been quite some time since my last post.  I took a break as life sometimes directs and demands your attentions elsewhere. But now I find I can no longer remain silently standing on the sidelines watching as our society takes a backward leap into the dark ages. As a woman, as a lesbian, as a hard working american how can I remain idle as other's seek to trample on my "God" given right over my body and my ability to pursue my happiness. I must say that I find myself quite disturbed by the notion that a small "religious sect" would have "Supreme" dominion over my body and the Supreme Court over all the people of this nation supporting this oppression of a few over the many.